Friday, February 12, 2010

Going back to work

Those aren't tears. Really. Well, maybe just a few...

Happy Baby!

Owen loves cousin Claire!

A bundle of love!

Happy 12 weeks Owen!

Nanny and Owen

Snow!



Well, this day finally came. It was the day I had been dreading since Owen was born- the day I returned to work. The tears began in the shower and ended about 30 minutes into my school day. I was lucky that I could ease into things because my mom came to town to watch him. She was here for a week, helping out around the house, answering my phone calls in the middle of the day, and loving on Owen. It was an exciting week! Adjusting to my new schedule, feeding the baby and getting out of the house, and not getting to sleep whenever I wanted was tough. Bedtime came early and so did mornings. It was great to have mom helping us out.

Darcy came up with the girls to celebrate Owen's 12th week birthday. I'm not sure if that's one that is officially celebrated but we sure blew it out in honor of Owen. The week ended with a grand "snow storm". Yes, we probably got 2 inches of snow. Not a lot by most people's standards, but for us here in Atlanta, it was quite an event. Chris' mom comes in tomorrow to take over baby duties for the next 2 weeks. Going back to work hasn't been as bad as I thought. Of course, I'd rather be home with Owen, but knowing he's in good hands for the first few weeks of leaving him, makes it easier. Hopefully, I will be good and adjusted by the time we have to send him to daycare .

No comments: